Spice up your billiards skills by playing this classic 8 Ball Pool! Your aim will never be the same after playing this exciting game. You'll have fewer misses with lines from the cue showing the ball's potential path. 9-Ball is usually played one-on-one. If you have more than two people, divide into two teams. In a friendly game, you can play with three or more teams. This is not recommended if some of you are much better at pool than others.
- If you don't want to play this game via Game Pigeon, it's also available as its own extension. This two-player game lets you play a practice round before starting a match of pool with an opponent. You can also download the standalone app if you become obsessed with the game. Skip the classic board game and just play Yahtzee with Buddies.
- To take a screenshot with your Mac, Command + Shift + 3 and then release all keys to captuer the whole screen, or press Command + Shift + 4 and press down.
8 Ball is a massively entertaining multiplayer iMessage game from the GamePigeon app that lets you shoot pool with players all over the globe.
The game has a cash and coin-based reward system that lets you upgrade and buy new pool cues, play at higher-stakes tables and other cosmetic items. In this guide, we round up various 8 ball pool cheats and tricks for the discerning player to play better and earn more cash and coins.
Read Also:GamePigeon not working? Follow these steps to fix it
Login every day
The game features a ‘Spin and Win’ mini-game that allows you to buy spins that give you the chance to earn cash, coins or rare mystery boxes that allow you to build cues piece by piece.
8 ball pool refreshes daily to give you a free spin on the ‘Spin and Win’ lever so even if you can’t play a full round, opening the app daily is an easy way to gain some precious currency and items.
Choose your table
Game Pigeon Pool How To Play Games
The game initially starts out with several tables available to play, each with increasingly larger entry fees. Entry fees increase accordingly with the winning pots at every table so playing at advanced tables gives you the opportunity to net a higher amount of in-game currency.
However, it is generally advisable to stick to the Downtown London Pub table until you master the game basics, grow your pot and gain confidence before moving on to Sydney. Practice and hone your skills before moving on to the higher-stakes tables.
English is the practice of putting a spin onto the cue ball after lining up a shot. For example, if the cue ball is hit with a right English so it spins counter-clockwise, when it hits the object ball, a clockwise spin is transferred onto the object ball causing it to be thrown in the direction opposite the spin of the cue ball.
Read Also:How to start a game on Game Pigeon
This tip is handy when lining up tricky shots such as when the ball you want to sink is dangerously close to the pocket or when you want to set up your cue ball for a follow-up shot. Tap on the cue ball button on the top right corner of the screen then from here, choose the spot you want to contact the cue ball.
Time your Shots
When it’s your turn to shoot, a little green square envelops your avatar and starts counting down your time. You therefore need to line up and take your shots quicker. A handy trick is to tap and drag the pool table surface in front of the tip of the cue as this will move the cue faster.
You can then make precise adjustments afterwards by tapping and dragging from the cue’s handle, all the while keeping an eye on that timer.
Extend your aiming lines
This is a simple cheat that is very effective, all you need is a small piece of paper such as a post-tit note with a straight edge. Before you upgrade the basic cue, once you line up a shot, very short lines appear to show you in what direction the object ball will roll.
Place the straight edge between the aiming line and the pocket you wish to sink the object ball into to have a better idea if your aim is accurate. And remember, keep an eye on that clock.
Read Also: A step-by-step guide for playing 8-ball pool on iMessage
Upgrade your Cues
Use the few coins you initially earn and buy better cues and gain an advantage. Upgraded cues have slight advantages that allow you to shoot with more power, improve your cue ball control, extend your aiming lines and increase the time you have to shoot. Better cues are available to purchase as you progress through the game, some with really great benefits.
For the GamePigeon 8 Ball beginner or a player just seeking to gain a leg-up on your competition, hopefully these 8 Ball Pool Cheats, tips and tricks will come in handy as you stack up your coins, improve your game, and become an 8 Ball Pool champ.
Read Also:How to delete game data from your iPhone
How To Play 8-Ball Pool In iOS 10: iMessage ‘GamePigeon’ Install Instructions & Tips
GamePigeon is one of the hottest iMessage apps to play right now, and this guide will show you how to install it to play 8-ball pool and a bevy of other games. We’ll also offer a few quick tips to make sure you’re the biggest shark amongst your friends.
How To Install : 8-ball pool comes included in a pack of 14 games called GamePigeon. Right now it’s exclusive to iOS 10 and the iMessage App Store. iMessage apps don’t install like a standard app, so we’ll walk you through the process
Game Pigeon Cheats
- Open an active thread in iMessage and tap the small > icon by your keyboard
- You should see an icon that looks just like the App Store one right near where you’d type a message. Tap that icon and a menu will unfold.
- In the bottom left of the menu is a an icon that looks like a group of four dots. This is called the App Drawer. Tap it.
- This displays all the iMessage apps you have on your device. For the purpose of this guide, hit the + sign labeled “Store.”
- The store will open and you should be able to tap the little magnifying glass search icon to type in GamePigeon. It should display as a game controller icon.
- This setup looks identical to the standard App Store. It’s a free download, so the button should read “Get.” Tap it and it will be added to your iMessage.
Playing The Game
- Repeat steps 1-3 above to get to your App Drawer. This time, however, the GamePigeon option should be there. Select it and choose “8-Ball”
- From there you’ll be presented with a message with a triangular play icon. Tap it and you can start making moves.
- After each turn, tap the V-shaped button in the top right to shrink the gameplay screen. Send it just like you would a text message. Your friend replies the same way, and this process continues until the match is over.